Monday, January 7, 2008

We Have a Smiley Face!

I started testing last Thursday, CD 10, just to be safe. In November the positive showed up on CD 17 and last month I the positive showed up on CD 13. My acupuncturist believes the shift forward to be due to my weekly sessions that started the middle of October and my RE also believed the earlier ovulation to be much better than the previous month. I strongly believe I am seeing beneficial results from acupuncture because not only am I ovulating earlier, but my cycle length has decreased, I no longer have sore breasts before my period and my period is much lighter. I digress...

We splurged for the digital tests this month and there it was this morning. A big smiley face! At 7 AM tomorrow we will go in to the RE's office and for a blood test. The RE will have the results back within a couple of hours. If my progesterone levels are high enough to indicate ovulation, we will go back at 11 AM for the IUI. It is possible they will want to wait another day, in which case we will go back the following morning for another blood test and then IUI accordingly.

It seems like we have been waiting for this day for eons. OK, so really we have only been waiting a few months, but we are so very excited it is finally here. Soon we will be entering new territory...the two week wait.

3 comments:

jessie said...

SOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!

j.k-c. said...

Isn't that smiley face wonderful? I love that little guy.
Congrats on getting started! And welcome to the TWW! Glad to have you here with me. :) Fingers are crossed for you and sending lots of baby dust!

Anonymous said...

how thrilling! i'm all crossed for you my dear. keep us updated through the wait.