Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Waiting

This is worse than the two week wait and this wait of mine is only two full days. I know I was lucky enough to only experience the TWW once, thus far, and I am sure I would not feel the same if I had the roller coaster ride most do. Nonetheless, Friday's blood test seems years away. Of course I've googled a gazillion different variations of "slow HCG rise," "HCG not doubling," and "HCG low, progesterone fine." The results feel like a punch in the stomach - miscarriage as a very real possibility. I keep telling myself my numbers weren't drastically low, 271 instead of 320, and the progesterone and estrogen are fine. But statistically, the HCG didn't double as it should have. And I am sad, so very sad. Hopeful, but sad. I didn't realize how much I love this little soul inside me until the possible threat we might lose it. And last night when I got home, there was a package from my mother on the doorstep waiting for Dana and me. Inside was a Beatrix Potter baby book with pages just waiting to be filled out and two infant outfits. I cried. Today I asked her not to send anything else yet and to just hold on. We're all holding on.

3 comments:

JK said...

You are lucky to have such a supportive mother! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

oh darling, don't be sad! keep the hope. i believe that this is going to work for you. try to relax and remember how incredible your body is. i'll keep you in my thoughts and send you all my juju. oxox

Heather said...

Apes and I are praying PRAYING for all three of you. All of you are loved and we are here for you no matter what. Bodies are amazing at figuring out what is needed to keep healthy. We love you and will be sending every good thought and vibe we can muster.

big love, heather