Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today's Beta

We went in this morning for the third beta test. The nurse just called and I don't know how to feel. Today's numbers are 271 which seems to be a slight cause for concern. She said they like to see numbers in the 320s at this time and she's ordered some further tests to determine progesterone levels and estrogen levels. She also said she has given this info to our RE but he hasn't commented yet.

I asked what this all meant and she explained if my progesterone levels are high (in the 20s) then my body is preparing for pregnancy. If not, there may be a miscarriage soon. She assured me I did not need to worry now and they would call me back later this afternoon. She said often times the numbers catch right up to the appropriate level. How can I not worry? I am a worrier even in the best of circumstances. Was it all too good to be true because it all came so easily?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do NOT worry. just relax and know that you have your babe in there and ze's going to stay. take deep breaths and know that it will be ok.

i'm sending you all my happy, healthy ju-ju for the day. oxox

j.k-c. said...

I'm a worrier too...so prone to anxiety. I agree with mrs. bluemont try to keep breathing, and I say focus positive energy on the life that is working to grow inside of you.
My thoughts are with you!

jessie said...

I don't know how you couldn't worry. Keep us posted!!!

Sending positive vibes your way!

R said...

I am SUCH a worrier too. I'm with ya. But just know that we are sending you lots and lots of babyvibes and stickyglue and positive energy. Keep us all posted.