Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One Week Down, One To Go

We've made it through the first week of the two week wait plus a day. Today is 8 days post IUI. Time has passed slowly, although I must admit it has not been nearly as terrible as I expected. I still have no symptoms. No matter how much I analyze my body and wish for bigger boobs, nothing seems to appear. Admittedly, I am cautiously optimistic, but not expecting a pregnancy this cycle. I know, I know, I know. Every woman is different and it could still be possible. So, we still hold out hope and will be pleasantly surprised if we get a positive.

I'm trying to hold off until Sunday to test, which will be 12 days post IUI. I have a feeling I might breakdown and test Saturday, but I promised Dana no more than one test per day. If I do not start my cycle, then the RE wants us in for a blood test on Tuesday. Next week seems so far away. Sigh...

4 comments:

j.k-c. said...

You will get through it...unfortunately week 2 always seems to go slower for me.
I'm learning that hope is essential and I am glad that you have it!

Chris and Penny said...

the last comment made me laugh, as i was about to post that i think the first week is the worst and the second week always seemed to fly by. either way, the end of the two week wait will come, one way or the other. here's hoping you have some amazing beginner's luck and find out you are knocked up very shortly!

Unknown said...

Perhaps the slowest weeks of our lives...
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

So close! I think I'm more nervous for you than for my own ill-fated testing. I'm all crossed for you darling!