Friday, January 18, 2008

The Countdown

Today is 10 days post IUI and either 10 or 11 days post ovulation, depending on who you ask - the RE or fertility friend. No testing today. I am trying to hold out until Sunday but the box of First Response Early Result is taunting me from our bathroom counter. Here is the worst part. If this cycle is unsuccessful, Tuesday should be CD1. I can handle that. New beginnings. BUT if by some stroke of luck we have a positive test result, and my cycle does not start, Dr. W. wants us in for a blood test on Tuesday. A few hours ago a partner asked me to represent one of his clients at a mediation on Tuesday that he cannot attend - out of town. I am low on the totem pole and although I could say no, that would not be a wise answer on my part. So Tuesday I'll be traveling for work without the chance for a blood test. But why worry when it seems likely we won't even need one? Happy long weekend to you all!

2 comments:

Chris and Penny said...

good luck with holding out and with the actual test! i am hoping for beginner's luck for you guys!!

RainbowMomma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. I just finished reading all your posts. Alaska looked like alot of fun, as did the cabin.

I actually moved to Vermont 7 years ago from New Orleans, so I am VERY familiar with what it's like to have snow in a city where it doesn't snow (at all!). I actually waited on a plane a couple years ago for a few hours (in NOLA) on Christmas day because it snowed and they had to get de-icers in from elsewhere because they don't have them down there. And snow plows? I could not have drawn you a picture of them before moving here.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vermont!!!! We live in an extremely liberal area and I can't say enough good things about it. Raising our daughter here is the best choice we made for her...EVER!

Anyway, hope to see you back and tell me more about your experience in Vermont.