Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let It Rain

I realize a lot of you are getting hit had with snow right about now, and I do love the snow. But right now it is storming, thundering and lightening here and I love it. One of my favorite things to do is to watch a summer thunderstorm roll in across the ocean or the mountains and feel the breeze on my face in the calm before the storm. Once the storm is upon me there is no place I'd rather be than in a shelter with a metal roof or somewhere I can truly hear the rain. Today that is not a possibility but being on the 34th floor with a big glass window looking out across the landscape isn't so bad. I'd much rather be inside and working in my cozy office on a day like today than on most other days. I can hear the rain as it hits the windows and watch the varying shades of gray change across the sky. What a wonderful rainy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. You are a beautiful writer. Thanks for sharing the moment. ox

j.k-c. said...

I LOVE extreme weather...some thing about the energy of it and the reminder that some things we can not control.

Check out my blog because I tagged you!