Saturday, February 9, 2008

Today

Today was the first day the sadness subsided enough that I didn't feel resentment each time I saw a pregnant woman or an infant. There was perhaps some longing to be that person in the future, but my bitterness was nearly non-existent. I would be lying if I said that at least once a day I didn't think "I should be almost seven weeks pregnant right now." But it is progress. It was such a good day today that when I was browsing at the library (I love the library and could spend hours upon hours there) and saw Itty-Bitty Hats: Cute and Cuddly Caps to Knit for Babies and Toddlers, I actually checked it out with the intention of knitting a few hats in the near future for Sweepy-D. It made me happy, not sad, and I can't wait to buy some yarn for these projects.

The rest of the day was also highly productive. Dana and I got up early and took the dogs to the park for a three mile walk before getting hot chocolate for me (I do not like coffee) and a latte for Dana. Then I bathed the dogs because they chose to roll in a dead fish on our walk. After ensuring the dead fish smell was successfully washed away, I syphoned water and cleaned the aquarium before setting off to run errands while Dana did school work. I got my eyebrows waxed, went to the grocery store, and also bought a couple of new fish for the aquarium before returning home. The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning up the two garden beds so they are ready for planting in the spring and pooper scooping the yard. As I type this I have sweet potato fries in the oven and I'll throw some veggie burgers on the grill soon before we settle in for a wonderful night cuddling and watching movies. Happy Saturday!

8 comments:

Ninefirefly said...

I knit too! I have Itty Bitty Nursery! I have knitted the grumpy bear and started the squares and rectangles sweater!!!! We will have to exchange knitting secrets. . . :)

jessie said...

That sounds like a GREAT weekend day. I LOVEEEEEEEEEE sweet potato frie

RainbowMomma said...

My 9 year old daughter knits, too, but I have yet to learn. I want to, though.

I am stepping back into reality and getting updated on blogs and I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. (I've been a bit wrapped up in my own life that I've lost touch with what else is going on.)

Glad happy feelings are starting to sneak up on you a bit. I will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Ashley said...

Dang, you WERE productive!! Will you come to my house?? I'm glad you are feeling better...and my mom knits too!! Hope you have a good day!

Anonymous said...

honey, you are my idol. i just can't get over how beautifully graceful you are and what an incredible mum you're going to be. you did 100% more than me this weekend and should feel very proud of yourself.

love the knitting idea. be sure to put up pics of your creations!

oxox

Amanda said...

What a perfect-sounding Saturday!

j.k-c. said...

Sounds like a lovely Saturday and I'm glad that you are taking such good of yourself and each other.

Anonymous said...

how are you doing love?