Monday, February 4, 2008

New Beginnings

The bleeding started today and surprisingly, other than the pretty severe cramps, I feel much better. I am ready to get this show on the road and move forward. My blood test this morning showed my HCG level at 80, down from 217 on Friday. The faster it dwindles, the sooner my body can start to heal and prepare again. Hopefully the blood test this Friday will show non-detectable HCG levels.

Now I just need to occupy myself in the coming weeks until we can try again. We already have a few distractions on our schedule.

February 22nd-24th we head back to Conley Cabin in VA for a weekend in the woods with our friends.

I bought us tickets to see Stomp on February 26th. We've never seen any production of Stomp so we are very excited.

February 27th-March 2nd we will be in New Orleans for a toxic torts conference (work related for me). Benefit - the conference is at the Ritz so of course that is where the Firm makes our lodging reservations. Nice. There are benefits to working for the Man sometimes. While I'm in mundane seminars and hearing speakers all day, Dana will be out frolicking. That Friday through Sunday we'll spend visiting my 96 year old grandfather and my aunt who also live in New Orleans.

March - IUI #2! Date, TBD. Here's to new beginnings!

4 comments:

NotesFrom2Moms said...

New Beginnings - what a great blog title.

R said...

I agree.. love the title and your positive attitutde you have. Pass it on :)

Anonymous said...

you are so incredible darling. i look up to you so much and am so impressed with your outlook. here's to healing and preparing for march.

oxox

wish we were close and i'd invite you over for tea.

Amanda said...

Well here's to fun distractions. Sending you many healing thoughts.