Thursday, December 27, 2007

Alaska Bound!

In just a few short hours we'll be on a plane (well, one of three planes) on our way to Anchorage for four days. Quick trip I know, but we'll be indulged on the way out as we fly first and business class. We booked our tickets with the sky miles I have been accumulating. There were no coach seats available for our departure so I decided for Dana's birthday trip we'd splurge and use some of those extra miles that have been sitting in my sky miles account for years and upgrade to first class. The travel time, including layovers, will be fourteen hours total so the upgrade seemed completely worth the extra miles that we never use.

Dana has our days planned and I am not quite sure how we are going to fit everything in. We'll visit her old favorite stomping grounds and eateries. She claims Anchorage has the best Mexican and Thai restaurants but I am skeptical. Mexican in Alaska? Thai? I will report back to you all. We also plan to cross country ski and snowshoe, go to the Bear Tooth Theater Pub for dinner and a movie, go to Talkeetna for the day, explore Anchorage, and even make a stop at the local gay bar, Mad Myrna's, for drinks one evening. We are sure to come back exhausted but I have no doubt the trip will be well worth it.

We return on January 1st and then the countdown to the first IUI begins. Ironically CD1 was Christmas Day and ordinarily I would have been disgruntled about its coming but this time I was actually excited for its arrival. This should put our first IUI around January 7th, 8th, or 9th. Hooray!

And finally, congrats to Family Style Love! Check out the newest member of our extended blog family, Harris David. Isn't he beautiful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! I am skeptical about Mexican food in Alaska too. How was it? There are several of us on try #1 this month. I truly hope you have a lucky first try. And kudos for upgrading the seats. First class really will make that 14 hours go by much faster! ox

R said...

Hey!! We had our ceremony on May 19 as well!! Welcome to TTC land :)