Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Think I Can, I Think I Can....

I think I can make it until and through tomorrow...until our vacation officially begins. On Saturday we will leave Charlotte to go to my mother's house in the western mountains of North Carolina. We'll spend four days hiking, eating, drinking, knitting, reading and just being. I cannot wait! On the 26th we will return to Charlotte and on the 27th Dana and I fly out to Anchorage, Alaska. Dana previously lived in Anchorage and has not returned since leaving. Her birthday falls on the weekend after Christmas, so I wanted to take her back for a birthday present. I also hope that soon it will be much more difficult to travel so far away because of the future bebe. So, winter in Alaska it is! And, if all goes well, our first IUI will occur the week following our return. Hooray!

3 comments:

Kelly Green said...

All this waiting around reminds me of waiting for Christmas morning. It's nearly intolerable. The difference in waiting to conceive and waiting for Christmas morning is essential to bear in mind: you always knew exactly when Christmas was to arrive and when it finally did you were never disappointed at the end of the day. With conception, you don't know when or if the day will arrive, and you may feel terrible disappointments along the way. It's so hard to read about your anticipation for the January try, knowing that it may not prove fruitful. It's all such a roller-coaster ride!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful holiday! I hope you are able to relax and prepare for the IUI. Sounds like the perfect plan to me!

j.k-c. said...

Enjoy your vacation! Alaska is a fun adventure! My sister lives in Fairbanks so I've been there lots of times at all different times of the year and it is always beautiful!