Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Dreaded HSG

It was not nearly as terrible or painful as I thought it was going to be. Really. I would even go so far as to say I experienced no pain, just minor discomfort, and even then the discomfort lasted less than a minute. My tubes are clear and our RE says we are ready and set to go in January with the first IUI.

We are incredibly excited for the next step of our journey and I have been doing my best to mentally prepare for what lies ahead. Of course we hope the road to conception will be a short one but I am not naive - I do keep up with as many of your blogs as I can (smile) - and I know difficult times may be ahead. Nonetheless, we are brimming with happiness and can hardly wait to jump in feet first. We will soak up any words of wisdom any of you have to offer!

After the HSG my plan was to work from home for the rest of the day. The best-laid plans often go awry. Well, it has not really gone awry, but I always feel terribly guilty working from home, as if the work is not quite as legitimate even though I could do my job from practically anywhere unless I am needed in court, mediation, etc. Perhaps it is also because I also find a plethora of other things that either need doing around the house (I just put a load of laundry in) or that I would rather be doing (like walking the dogs). I am a slave to the billable hour and must account for my life in six minute increments. Therefore, I do not bill as much from home because I suppose I am just not disciplined enough. So now my intention is to go back into the office in a couple of hours for the rest of the day. Sigh...

1 comment:

j.k-c. said...

So glad it was not so bad! I'm excited for you to get started with your first IUI!!! Fingers are crossed for you!