Friday, April 4, 2008

We're Doubling

The results of this morning's blood test show my HCG levels are 188. 188 is higher than my HCG ever was last time. That's a doubling time of 1.38 days. I was cautiously optimistic after the blood test on Wednesday, but now my mind has eased a bit. One more blood test on Monday and if all is well, the RE will schedule a vaginal ultrasound. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little soul inside me sticks it out.

Tomorrow promises to bring rain and thunderstorms here which will afford me some warm and cozy time at home with Dana who has been out of town for three days this week. My plan is to begin knitting one of the hats from the Itty Bitty Hats book and I think I can probably finish one tomorrow. And I think I might try to find a new recepie with apples. We subscribe to a service here called "Absolute Organics" and they deliver organic produce to our house every other week. This week there were a handful of apples that we won't be able to finish unless I do something with them. Suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! The beta is so reassuring. I hope you can let yourself breath deeply.

When I was raw, I made apples with cashew cream a lot. Soak raw cashew pieces for an hour or two, drain, mix in food processor with some maple syrup or agave, vanilla, and cinnamon. Top over chopped apple! Easy and yummy.

But I bet nothing could beat an apple pie made with lots of butter!

jessie said...

apple pie!

R said...

THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbean said...

Yay for doubling!!! Great signs pointing to a healthy embryo!

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

Woo hoo for doubling betas! Congrats!

And, I like to freeze chunks of apple for oatmeal.