Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mayo and Other Musings

On Sunday we planned our dinners for the week. It is much easier when we do this because I can plan, buy groceries ahead of time and even do some of the prep the day before so when we get home from work we are not eating at 9 PM. I'd never make it that long. Not now and never before - I get food grumpy and it isn't pretty. So, Monday night's dinner was to be a spring cous cous with a honey lemon vinaigrette. But by 5 PM I was craving a veggie burger. Not just any veggie burger but a brand we don't typically buy and it had to have mayo on it. As a rule, prior to this craving of course, mayo does not grace my sandwiches of any kind; mayo is reserved for potato salad and other similar edibles, but never burgers or sandwiches - until Monday night. It is now Wednesday and we still haven't had the cous cous so the dinner schedule has been completely thrown off. I fear this is just the beginning....

2 comments:

Pufferfish said...

Sweet! I'm glad that you found me and that I could entertain you for an hour or so! I have more blogging to do tonight...
And I'll follow up on yours. Looks like from a glance you are having GOOD NEWS!!
Thanks for the link, I'll link up soon:)

PS--How did you find me?

Heidi said...

Mmmmmm...yes, say goodbye to planned meals. You are now cursed to always want the opposite of what is planned. In my house it was a constant craving for pizza that threw everything off!

Congrats again!