Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Like Sands Through The Hour Glass

It seems that every post in recent memory starts with my apology for not blogging more. But, that's just how the days of our lives go - rather unremarkable and not much to report. Work has me billing lots of hours and working from home most nights after leaving the office. With the less than stellar economy, I am trying to ensure my job security.

Here we are, nearly 17 full weeks, and I feel fine, just a bit bigger. My belly is starting to round out a bit more and my pants not only do not button but they do not zip either. Thank goodness for the Bella Band. Maternity clothes will follow shortly.

The little guy's movements are subtle and sporadic - but I can feel them. He is probably moving around all the time, I just can't feel them all yet. We have received a plethora of clothes from my mother and he's officially got an easter outfit sized for 24 months, which strikes me as funny not only because that will be two and a half years away, but also because we don't really celebrate Easter specifically - we're Unitarian Universalists. The only real purchase we've made recently are pee pee tee pees. Target overwhelms me and I have no idea where to start with any of the other necessities, but know we really need to start thinking about them. December will be here before we know it.

Next week we have two appointments - one level II ultrasound at the Maternal and fetal Medicine Clinic and an appointment with our OB. We have also scheduled a tour of the women's center at the hospital where we will be delivering the little guy. Wow. I am even getting overwhelmed typing this because there is so much to do in the coming months. I do have priorities, though. I have planned our "babymoon" and at the end of September we'll be going to Hawaii for a week. Three nights on Oahu and four nights on the Big Island. If any of you have ever been there, I am definitely up for suggestions and recommendations!

4 comments:

Pufferfish said...

Lists. I would have to make a spreadsheet to keep myself sane with that much to do and track.

Yeah for Babymoons! We planned one for this fall on the (as yet unproven) hope we would be preggo...that's OK, we're going on vacation anyway!
Have not been to Hawaii so no suggestions there but it will be amazing and beautiful. Well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear from you!! 17 weeks already?! Time has flown. I'm thrilled everything's going well. The 24 mo outfit is hilarious, but not beyond something I'd do. I'm jealous of your babymoon. I'm sure you're going to be gorgeous, all pregnant in Hawaii. xo

j.k-c. said...

So glad to hear things are going well.

Kelly Green said...

Why so few pictures?