Saturday, June 7, 2008

Phew!

Shortly after 5 P.M. yesterday the Maternal and Fetal Medicine Clinic called. The little one has 46 chromosomes, no more, no less! What a weight lifted off our shoulders. AND...results showed XY - definitively a BOY! We still have a level II ultrasound in July at the Clinic and another in early August as well as an echocardiogram to take a close look at the heart and all other organs and systems to make sure all are functioning properly. I'd be remiss if I didn't say I still have some worry left in me, but knowing our little one is free of any abnormalities caused by missing or excessive chromosomes - abnormalities that have no chance for modern medicine to remedy - is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. Finally we can relax a bit this weekend and start planning for our little guy's arrival.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

What wonderful news!!!!

jessie said...

What great news!

Ashley said...

CONGRATS on the healthy report and the BOY!!!

my cowgirl alter-ego said...

Wonderful news! Woo hoo on the baby boy!

Heather said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAYYY!

So, you obviously can't name him Heather lest he get his butt kicked.

Heath. Heath is good....

:)

Lizzie said...

GREAT news!!!! So happy for you and your son!!!! Yay. Yay. Yay.

R said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Chris and Penny said...

congrats on the great test news! you can breathe a bit of a sigh of relief, ey? yay! and three cheers for your son! so very very cool!

Pufferfish said...

That's great news! I hope that you can enjoy this time a little more now and start bonding with the little guy growing inside.

evangeline said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. And I hope my feminist creds do not get suspended if I say, little boys are the BEST!