Friday, May 2, 2008

My Pants Don't Fit

It happened about a week ago. My pants got tighter. In the hips and thighs nonetheless. This, I was convinced was not pregnancy-related weight. After all, this little being inside of me was only the size of a blueberry. A blueberry does not make your pants tight. My pants don't fit and I am having a hard time with it.

Otherwise, I must say I am feeling pretty lucky. I have had no sickness or true nausea, only a crummy blah feeling in my tummy for most of the afternoon and evening. The tiredness has set in and I admit to closing my office door and taking more than one nap with my head down on my desk during the middle of the day. I've even drooled a few times.

Next ultrasound with Dr. W. is Monday. He said if all looks well at that time, the statistics show a 90% chance of not having a miscarriage in my age group. I'll breathe a little easier after we pass that mark. We will then be released to the OB, with whom we have an appointment on Tuesday morning. So, look for lots of updates from me next week. Until then, we're off to Carolina Beach for the weekend. See you all next week!

3 comments:

j.k-c. said...

Enjoy your weekend! I remember when my sister was pregnant for the first time she called to tell me that her butt was getting bigger. She concluded that it must get bigger to balance the weight in the belly. So I bet it is in fact pregnancy related. :)

Anonymous said...

It's about time we heard from you!! I've been thinking of you often and wishing your blueberry the best.

Don't worry about the pants. And I drool when I nap too.

xo

NotesFrom2Moms said...

a blueberry will make you make more blood and store my fluids which will make your pants not fit... :)