Friday, November 21, 2008

The Countdown

Here we are at 37+ weeks. Time seems to have flown by and it seems like just a short time ago we were choosing our donor and being inseminated. I can't believe we're almost to the finish line. However, the closer we get, the more the days seem to pass slowly. I admit that I am highly unmotivated at work and the next days and weeks are increasingly hard, especially when I have to account for my life in 6 minute increments because I am a slave to the billable hour.

All tasks here at home are complete. All clothes sized through 9 months have been washed, newborn cloth diapers have been washed and wool covers lanolized, nursery is finished and Miller's bag is packed for the hospital. Our doula came over for our last home visit earlier this week and we have friends on call to care for the dogs and the rabbit until my mom arrives. I've been continuing to practice my self-hypnosis and follow my hypnobabies maintenance schedule. Now all that is left is to bring our little guy home!

In the coming days I will keep all you posted on any progress. This pregnancy has been so unremarkable overall, that I often feel like I don't have anything to report. I have no complaints, even now late in the third trimester. Sure, I am a little more uncomfortable and move a little more awkwardly, but nothing I am unable to tolerate. As a matter of fact, I'm still going to the gym and went last night. On Sunday we took the dogs for a three mile day hike. Hopefully this continued activity will all help the labor and delivery to go as smoothly as the pregnancy and that my karma won't run out!

Type to you all soon...

5 comments:

Chris and Penny said...

37 weeks already? awesome! he will be here before ya know it. when are you going out of work, or are you going to work right up until delivery? how about a belly pic? your blog readers demand a belly pic!! ok, well, i would LIKE one if you wanna post! :P

Kelly Green said...

I'll be checking in regularly, so please do post frequently. How about some pictures of your home?

The Amily Diaries said...

Wishing you guys all the best on the upcoming delivery!!
Can't wait to read all the follow ups

chroniclesofconception said...

So good to see an update from you!!! Can't believe it's so close....

Sounds like you are ready though. I am hoping everything goes smoothly for you and you have no complications. I am trying to get into the "mindset" too, even though I didn't do hypobirthing classes! Lots of good luck is being sent your way. We can't wait to *meet* your little one! xo

j.k-c. said...

Congrats on 37 weeks! Wow!
I can't wait to hear the updates.