Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Failed

Last Thursday I took the one hour glucose tolerance test. The bad news call came today from the nurse - I failed and have to take the three hour glucose tolerance test on Friday. Actually she said my results were "abnormal." The thought that I could have gestational diabetes has been upsetting to me because I have no high risk factors - I was not overweight pre-pregnancy, I have no history of diabetes, I exercise, I am a vegetarian who eats very healthily (few sweets and I try to keep the carbs to a minimum). What the heck? I realize I am over reacting a bit because most women do actually pass the three hour test, but I am a worrier. Sigh....

4 comments:

j.k-c. said...

So sorry. Hopefully it is nothing.
I have mine in a couple of weeks and I'm nervous about it. We will see.

chroniclesofconception said...

UGH. I'm sorry! Stay positive though...it could be nothing to worry about. I'll be crossing my fingers for you! Mine is next week....just trying to stay positive....

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I'm sure you're super healthy and really have nothing to worry about.

Much love
xoxo

NotesFrom2Moms said...

so how did it go???