Monday, September 8, 2008

Hypnobabies

After much research on various birthing classes, we decided to enroll in Hypnobabies. For a myriad of reasons, I hope to have a drug-free child birth, but I also recognize the need for flexibility in our birth plan. Regardless, I think Hypnobabies will provide me with the best tools and the confidence to bring Miller into this world in the most natrual way possible.

In preparation for the first class, the instructor provided a CD that would begin introducing the self-hypnotizing process and basics. I must admit the instructions were to listen everyday, but out of the past couple of weeks, I only found time to listen a handfull of times. I know I must be better about this moving forward if I really am to dedicate myself to this program. Life just gets so busy sometimes.

Yesterday was our first class. There are two other couples in the class and I really like the intimate nature such a small class provides. We will meet for five Sundays, three hours each session. Each day I have "homework" to complete - either listening to various scripts from CDs or having Dana read me a hypnosis script. Thus far I have really been impressed with the power of the mind and I am very encouraged and enthusiasic. This was definitely the right choice for us and I will keep you all posted on the progress.

1 comment:

j.k-c. said...

We are thinking that we will do hypnobirthing too. The doula we like best so far (we are still interviewing doulas) is also a hypnobirthing instructor and will offer us private classes at a reduced rate if we also use her as our doula...we are excited about the possibility.